Saturday, January 31, 2009

"40 Steps" The Academy Is...

Hi,

So my rewrite is going pretty swell. I'm actually reading some really weird stuff right now and it's making it a little hard. i'm sort of blocked right now creatively. I can't do anything. I can't write or listen to any music or draw or play guitar.

I'm hoping I'll get over this soon. I'm going to download a couple music videos and stuff. Music usually sparks my creative side. So hopefully I'll be golden for now.

I've been doing a lot of research online about getting a book published. And I'm not sure what I plan on doing. It's stupid to say that I'm trying ot make decisions but I know sort of what to do and how I plan to go about this. Rereading my past two stories. There's a lot to do in the editing sense of things. I'm going to change Bennett William's last name and I'm going to maybe change the name of the town. And the sense of everything.

But I think it's sort of difficult because I have everything sort of written in stone now. It's like changing your own name for me. But I hope I can find something that's better than before. I might have to even change the name of the town. But I really can't bring myself to. Kerrington is basically a staple. And I hate having to change so much.

My image of Paul took a dramatic make-over if you didn't realize. The way he looks changed significantly in my mind and gettign into writing in his point of view was really enlightening. But I find myself obsessivly reading "The Last Place You Look" and finding it ot be actually one of my best written pieces ever.

I also apologize about "Leaving Through the Window" because it's sort of hard writing that in the heat of a rewrite and also a lot of stuff in my life like my paintings I started doing and my budding t-shirt company. I feel like I need to watch a Lifetime movie or something badly. Or a couple episodes of this Webisode from my favorite band. I need inspiration fast.

I was actually really inspired today by this story I came up with. God, I hate when this happens in them iddle of everything. But as you can see my work is a little "alternative" if so to speak. A little darker than Sarah Dessen and I have been finding myself writing for my story "The Riot" in my notes a lot. So I don't know. Nobody seemed interested in that story but I see that everyone needs to move on from their high points. And "Perfect Kisses Lead to One night Stands" is looking pretty sad right now in comparison to "The Last Place You Look"

It's ironic actually because I tried so hard to get "Last Place" up to the same level as "Perfect Kisses" when now I'm shooting myslef in the foot with this rewrite. And It's so easy to write thier first date but I find myself rushing through it. I'll have a few updates this week hopefully.

Over and out-
JaseyRay

No comments: