Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Touble" Nevershoutnever

Hi

I've lost my voice form singing my heart out. I figured out how to sing my soul and heart out today. And it was going so good. I sang "This is Me" like four times and then I go into the chorus and when I hit "...Let the like shine on me..." I just lost my voice. And I talk all crackly now. And man-ish. It's not good. I need to start doing vocal warm ups. I really do. I wish I knew how to, but I guess I'll study William Beckett warm-ups the many videos they walk in on him.

But I have been worryign my little arse off about this stupid talent show when you may be wonderign why I'm doing it... or not... scroll by the italicized words then... when I was younger I had intense stage fright. I lost all my confidence and was teased a little and only had one friend. I almsot passed out trying out for the school play in 4th grade and in 6th I sweat my hair off and bombed another play audition and cried. Eversince then my confidence level has shot up to the point I can have conversations with people in my unimmediate group of friends. And so I've been planning secretly since I picked up a guitar I wanted to sing for my 8th grade talent show, but with my family telling me I'm tone deaf I fgured I wouldn't be able to. But I still got serious about it learning a couple songs and then my sister and I falling head over heels for "If it Mean a lot to You" by A Day To Remember that lead me to singing it for her. That's where this story begins. She said I had a good voice. Months of hiding my voice by playing too loudly had paid off and now my slip i in and I'm actually doing it.

So normally I name songs after what I'm listening to and what not. BUT today it has an actual meaning. Yes. I'm having trouble. With Sunday Drive show. It sucks I think. I'm not evenat the beginning of the show and its AWFUL!!!!!!!! But I always say that and I always think I'm worse than I am. So I'm going to go get some ginger ale and write. Musiclessly writing. Oof.

JaseyRay.

No comments: